Monday, April 11, 2011

Post First Fair

So after much confusion and cancellation, BK and I ventured down to the ACC Craft Fair in Gilbert, Az. Much as I expected, No sales! But that is okay! We had a good time and that was enough for me, especially after the craziness prior to the show.

Friday morning we got an email saying that the show was canceled due to the crazy storm coming in*. Three hours later, they decided it was better to just have the show. As planned, we left Flagstaff on Friday afternoon and got to the hotel about 7pm. When we arrived, I realized we forgot one of the boxes. We ran to Michaels to get some last minute things.

Before we had left, BK made sure to cover everything with a tarp. When we got the hotel, I pulled the one box we did remember out of the truck* and tied everything back down under the tarp. Overnight, it poured down rain, but we weren't worried because the the tarp covering. In the morning, BK went down and checked everything. Someone was in the bed of the truck sometime that night, as indicated by the fact that the tarp had been removed and the muddy foot prints on the top of the table I brought.

*sidenote: we drove the truck because of the snow that was expected in Flagstaff on Friday night

Despite everything, we made it to the craft fair and set everything up. My table looked plain and boring. But many people said my stuff was cute and looking good. I got the experience and I had a good idea about things to do better for next time.

When I set everything up, I only had about 13 items that I could sell. I also had a photo album of some of the items I had made and sold or given as gifts. As a result, for now I am in create mode. I definitely need a lot more things to display and show for everyone to good grasp of what I have to offer. On the upside, everything that has been created for the show will be uploaded to the etsy and artfire shops.

I need to make more letter sets and hanging signs. The frames are nice but not what I want to always sell, unless I can find some better antique frames that come with the glass inside of them. To go along with the new stuff, I am thinking I am gonna need another display to hold my hanging items.

Also, I need to fix my table covering as it is still not wide enough to cover the table. Two more strips of squares should do the trick. I will also need to hem all of the edges to make them cleaner. The last thing on my agenda for the next show we do, is to make plaques as if i were making them for sale, but to list the prices for the majority of my items. I think it will make things easier.

1 comment: