Thursday, March 24, 2011

Revamp and New Products

Nine14 Design is undergoing a little revamp/reconstruction. Instead of just the personalized wooden goodies that we have been offering, more ready to ship and upcycled items. I have been experimenting with wooden craft frames and frames purchased at the local vintage/thrift shops. I have developed a few ideas and looks that I want to expand on and incorporate into the Nine14 Design product.

Most recently, I have been playing with flowers and metallic paints. Call it a spring bug, or just a desire to move past the drab grays and whites of the winter season here in Flagstaff. I am so excited for the brighter and happier stuff coming out. First is a frame that was "antiqued" with a staining medium and a reddish purple hue of acrylic paint. Then I attached petals cut from silk flowers. To break up the red, I added the leaf at the point where the petals came together.

Secondly, I used another craft frame and painted it with Folk Art brand metallic blue topaz. It was missing something. I found a wooden Love decoration from another craft. I liked the way the pink contrasted with the blue. I freehanded a few dots on front and attached it to the frame. As soon as I figure out a price point, I am gonna be adding these frames to the Etsy and Artfire shops soon.

Also, to try to reach more people and generate some sales, a Nine14 Design fan page was made on Facebook. Photos of all of the Nine14 Design products will be added to that page. Also, for all of our loyal followers and fans, our discounts (Use FBFANS15 for 15% off) and promotions will be available to you gals/guys first. Also, if you see something you like let me know, and I can reserve the listing specifically for you. So keep an eye out for new and exciting things coming up. And I promise to try to keep things updated regularly!

1 comment:

  1. Depending on price I want the "love" frame!!! I LOVE it :D

    ReplyDelete