Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Elly Collection

Right before Ms. Elly was born I started two projects specifically for her. I finally got caught up with all of my shipping and was able to send these items out to her. That means I can post the photos of them.

The first of three is a bag tag I have been toying with since the start of the Nine14 Design venture. It is simply a way to personalize any childs lunch bag, diaper bag, tote, luggage or purse. It was really simple. I added a ribbon and snaps to a pre-made wooden monkey. For Elly's I put her initials on the tummy. On the backside it says "I belong to..."

I haven't decided if I am gonna take this further, but I do have more monkeys, some giraffes and other jungle/safari animals. I also maybe figuring out other ideas for these little wooden guys.

The other thing I made was an announcement of Elly's birth. Instead of going the big wooden block for hanging, I chose a frame. It was lighter and added a small challenge of arranging the dots, and lettering perfectly. I personally think it turned out great!

First I took a wooden frame and sanded it down a little. Next came the round stickers for the polka dots. Then the layers of white paint. I chose the white base to break up all the pink of the letters I made her. Just like with the letters, I alternated the remaining colors, pink, mint and brown, around the edges of the frame. I made sure to have a multiple of three for the number of dots so that there were no dots of the exact same color right next to each other. At Michaels, I found some adhesive letters to use for her name and birthdate. The letters had a small amount of glitter and a shade of brown that stood out from the brown of the acrylic paints.

Heather loved them (I think) and I hope Elly likes them as she gets older. To end this post I will share some photos of the cutie!

Elly with the letters I made for her nursery back in October.

Ms Emmeline in her Bumbo wearing the shirt auntie Ashley bought her. I love this little girl more than words can describe!

1 comment:

  1. I would totally buy a giraffe bag tag for my purse... just sayin'. ;)

    We love everything that you have made for us and I know that when Elly gets old enough to appreciate them, she will love them too! We are really blessed to have such a wonderful and caring friend <3!

    Also... is this post backdated? It just showed up in my blog reader like 20 minutes ago, but it's dated January 5. Maybe my blog reader is just WAY behind? lol.

    ReplyDelete