Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kameron Giraffe Plaque

This is a plaque that is part of the Kameron Collection. I started with a blank 3x5 inch wooden base. I lightly sanded the edges and front. First I free handed a light outline of a few giraffe spots around the border. This was followed by 2-3 coats of a dark yellow paint. Once dried, I used a smaller brush and a "mocha" brown to paint the pre-outlined spots. Once those were done, I went through to fill in empty spaces with more spots. Usually, I put a second coat on the spots to make a darker and more uniformly textured pattern. I do leave a small amount of texture to make it more like giraffe pelt. The face of the block is then given a light coating of either a cream or light tan paint.

This particular base was used to create birth plaque for the family in which this collection was based off of. I added a coat of the light tan to the face to get a darker color. I used a fine tip paint pen in black to write his name on the top and bottom of the plaque. Between his name, I filled in his birth date, weight and length at birth with extra fine tipped brown ink. I finished the plaque with a giraffe mask embellishment and a ribbon. I used two different widths and two colors. As with the entire Kameron Collection, I used a black ribbon as the main hanger. Because Kam is a boy, I used a thinner teal/turquoise ribbon as an accent and to add additional strength.

This item is currently listed on Artfire.com and will added to the Etsy.com shop. As more orders are made, I will update this page and other pages with pictures and feedback from gifted items. Thank you for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment