Saturday, September 25, 2010

K is for Karolyn

Karolyn Marie is a niece of someone special in my life. He did not quite know what to get her, so I took the reigns and created this K for her. This is a 9inch wooden block with two keyholes in the back for hanging. I started with a white base and gave the edges and face a light sanding. There are 2 coats of light orange paint. Then I sponged on a light layer of bright magenta.

The letter was finished with a few embellishments. The edges were painted with a bright orange-yellow paint. Karolyn's uncle picked out a flower and it was fastened on with a strong, and child friendly glue.

This, as with all of my items, are made with love and care in a smoke free and pet free home.

The possibilities for these 9 inch letters are endless. Almost anything can be added to them. They are sturdy and can hold lots of embellishments and detail. They are also perfect for a large design or print. Got an idea? Let me know and we can arrange something!

No comments:

Post a Comment